One of the biggest challenges facing publishers like us is the fight to get our name out there. After a ten minute browse on Twitter, you’ll find countless small publishers, independent presses, and online ventures focused on getting the work of newer writers out there. The problem is trying to stand out from the crowd.
It’s because of this that we’re looking for dedicated and passion social media people to join our team, because we know how good the work we publish is, and we want to make sure as many people as possible know it too.
These roles, one each for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, are perfect for those who have a little spare time each week and want to gain experience of managing social media accounts and creating and delivering online marketing strategies.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do
While the nitty-gritty of what things look like will differ from platform to platform, overall we want our social media team to be:
- creating posts for new publications (stories, poems, and blog content)
- engaging with the writing community (replying to/liking tweets, reposting opportunities, etc)
- answering queries via DMs or messages
- creating visual content (including working with current team members) for posts
- analyse posts and help develop strategy
In practice, this might mean that a Facebook volunteer (for example) might create posts for all our new releases, share content to related groups and engage naturally with their members, share opportunities to our timeline, and work with the rest of the team to develop the social media strategy.
What You Need To Apply
Because all of our roles are voluntary, we rarely ask for any particular qualifications or experience from new applicants (although having those things never hurts). For these roles, it’s no different: we’re a publisher who aims to give new opportunities to people, and that ethos includes our own team.
All we ask for is that:
- you’re able to work independently
- You have a working internet connection
- you’re willing to learn
- you can contribute two hours or more a week to working on social media
- an active interest in whichever platform you’d like to work with
There are other things we’d hope for from applicants, like a willingness to help us grow Bandit Fiction and an enthusiasm to work with the wider team, but as for the bare essentials, we just ask for those five things.
How To Apply
To apply, all you have to do is fill out this simple form shown below. We’ll be in touch with you as soon as we’re able.
Categories: Blog Content